Saturday, April 25, 2009

Are naked people really so horrible?

Eh. I have some mixed feelings on this. 

First of all, I'm referring to the so-called "Naked Wizard Tasering Incident" that took place at the 'chella. If you haven't seen it, here ya go. Although probably everyone has seen it by now, and I'm just way late to the party. 

Now, the way this was filmed seems just a little too professional. I have sort of a disgusting hunch that this was all planned by the Naked Wizard and his pals and filmed for the purpose of Youtube fame. But I just can't get behind the police tasering (this seems to be the common verbage, bizarrely) people. Tasers just seem pointless to me. For anyone who is of real danger, police use guns. This seems to make tasers fall into the category of cruel and unusual. But maybe I'm a closeted hippie or something. 

ANYWAY, they tase the dude like ten times! Is this really necessary? Is a naked body really so appalling that our law enforcement feels the need to hurt and humiliate a person to this extent? Honestly, I find it inhumane and unacceptable. I didn't think the "Don't tase me, bro!" guy deserved it, either. Yeah, he was trying to rile people up and went too far. But to hold the kid down and electroshock the hell out of him? Fucked, I say. 

I promise my next post will be about something nicer than police brutality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment